There is never a dull moment within the Pro Mod community, and the off-season is no different. Quite a few changes have taken place since the season wrapped in Vegas in late October. Here are a few things everyone needs to know heading into the 2017 season.
- Jim Whiteley is coming out with a brand new ‘69 Yenko Camaro straight from Jerry Bickle Race Cars.
- Shannon “The Iceman” Jenkins is coming back! He is going to be in Orlando with the car they debuted in Vegas. Mike Castellana was behind the wheel during that race.
- Mike Castellana is now driving the Frank Manzo AAP (Al-Anabi Performance) blown car. This thing was the one that won Indy! As of right now, Frank Manzo has 200 total wins in multiple classes.
- Michael Biehle’s sister, Doctor Allie Biehle, might make an appearance behind the wheel of a Pro Mod car this year.
- Larry Morgan has joined the Pro Mod ranks and will be racing with the rest of us for the 2017 season.
Along with all the other exciting news, we’ve added two races to the line-up this year: the Charlotte Four-Wide event April 28th – 30th and the Topeka event May 18th – 21st.
Last, but not least, the Pro Mod Association is hosting a Winter Warm-Up at Orlando Speed World February 24th – 26th, with testing starting on Monday the 20th. We have roughly twenty teams signed up and ready to duke it out before the NHRA season opener in Gainesville (which is March 16th – 19th).
Photo from Drag Illustrated.